Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Counselling...

So, I did a telephone counselling session today. They just call and talk for an hour, like a real appointment without actually having to go anywhere. I thought I wouldn't like doing it that way but it was good. I'm doing it because I guess I just feel a little stressed and depressed lately, and I want to try to make it better before it gets worse. She recommended a couple things that seemed good, she said physical activity would help a lot, and said I should start going for walks. She told me a couple of foods I could try eating that are natural mood boosters, and she also suggested journaling. Sooo maybe that's what this is?
I don't know, I'm feeling good today. I just feel like I have no direction and motivation right now. Like, I know what I want long term, and I kind of feel like I'm just sitting here, waiting to go to school. I mean, I obviously have to work so I can pay for school, if I could ever get a job haha.
But maybe that's it. Once I get a job, I'm sure I'll feel a lot happier. But not having to do anything all day, or having to wake up for anything really takes its toll. Plus, I still don't know anyone here, so that doesn't really help. How do people even make friends when they don't have school or a job? It doesn't even make sense to me.
So, here's hoping I get a call back asap and I can start feeling like I have some purpose, however small it may be. Maybe I'll make it my goal to go for a walk everyday or something. I want to get myself in better shape anyways, so thats a bonus.
We'll see how it all works out I guess!

No comments:

Post a Comment